Friday, January 11, 2013

SIR MIX-A-LOT: AMERICAN KNIGHT OF INSIGHT

I don't know what I was expecting from this video press kit, but it was not this amazing, fairly introspective look into this rural libertarian's* life. It is not so much a video promo as much as it is just a good short film. Here it is in all of it's beauty--not re-edited today.

*this is my projection based on his philosophies and way of life, I don't know how he votes or whatever


SIR MIX-A-LOT Video Press Kit from Everything Is Terrible! on Vimeo.

Whenever I hear "Baby Got Back" now I will think of the rain and way of life of rural Washington state--taking it as a metaphor for the appreciation of what I truly hold dear in my own life.

Also, why don't more rappers use "Sir" before their names?

11 comments :

Uncle Bingo said...

I love my big cups!

I am my own drone said...

He's edgy, in a way I agree with.

Baron FrequentlyConFused

torsDoce
1420

I am satisfied with paradise.

Anonymous said...

I... can respect this.

The Cowboy said...

I remember listening to his song "Beepers" high as a kite in the back of some car way back in 1989. And I quote: "That's Attitude Adjuster, my homey - huggin more girls than Bela Karoly" Now those are some lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Why do you say "rural" washington? He's from Seattle which is pretty much the biggest city in the Pacific NW...

That man's Posse was on Broadway already!

RemLezar said...

@Anonymous, i say "rural" judging by what his house & yard look like. Every time (of only 3 brief times) that I've been to Seattle the parts i was in were fairly densely populated, so i assumed from Sir Mix-A-Lot's home that he was currently living, at closest, in the Seattle area. I could very well be wrong though! That is my personal projection from viewing this.

Yonder Vittles said...

Thank you for posting this video in its entirety. I learned much from my first viewing.

Anonymous said...

Cool, I played Beepers on my radio show back then, Baby Got Back too, which was a video played tons on the UHF call-in video channel in Pittsburgh.

Boomer

Anonymous said...

Rem, PLENTY of natural areas that people can own a plot of still in the city limits, mostly on the northside, but I am certain that he lives down somewhere like Rainier Beach or some such...
Come to think of it... naw, you right, he prolly moved across the sound with all those other BREMELOS!

Ravenhallow said...

We always used to joke about how we loved Sir Mix-A-Lot because all of his songs were about food and cars and butts, but now I love him even more. What a beautiful man.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea he went platinum two years before baby got back!